People live in homes that vary in size, shape, and structural integrity, but one thing remains the same—rodents have always found their way inside many of them. Whether you live in a castle built on the side of a mountain or a two-bedroom townhouse in the suburbs, if given a chance, rodents will find a way to infiltrate your house. Here in Augusta, it is no different. We have homes, and we have rodents, and those rodents are looking for ways to invade, especially as the weather cools down. Does your home have what it needs to stay rodent-free this winter?
Problems Rodents Cause
There is a reason a restaurant can be shut down if even a single rat or mouse is found inside. Rodents are filthy, disease-ridden, destructive creatures that bring problems wherever they go. Just from crawling across tables, countertops, and food, they spread bacteria off of their dirty, fecal matter tainted feet.
Additionally, rodents are also known carriers of fleas and ticks. Even if your pets are not outdoor pets, they could still be at risk of fleas and ticks if infected rodents get into your home.
Finally, and we saved the worst for last, rodents also have incredibly sharp front incisor teeth that never stop growing. Because of their constant need to gnaw, people find holes in walls, through ceilings, and are why wires can sometimes get severed inside of wall voids. You heard us correctly; rodents can chew through wiring. Not only is this bad for the functionality of your home, but can also lead to electrical fires.
Prevention Tips For Rodents
At this point, you are probably wondering what you can do to keep your home rodent-free. You’re in luck because here is our to-do list that can help prevent rodents from getting into your Augusta home this winter.
- Reduce moisture around your home by fixing leaks and making sure your gutters are all in good working order.
- Eliminate clutter in your yard and move woodpiles back at least 30 feet from your home’s exterior.
- Repair damage to your home’s siding and seal small gaps and cracks using a caulking gun.
- Make sure all of your trash cans have thick tight-fitting lids.
- Keep leftover foods stored inside of air-tight containers.
- Keep boxed foods like cereal in larger sealed containers.
- Clean regularly, making sure no scraps of food are left for rodents to find.
- Invest in professional rodent control services through Bug Buterzzz.
The last item above is the best tip we have to keep your home rodent-free this winter. In fact, you can make it your only step and be just as successful. If rodents have already invaded your home and you are looking for a way to get them out, the professionals here at Bug Busterzzz Pest Control have a solution for you. Give us a call today to learn more about our rodent control options. We will help you find one that best suits your needs.