Is DIY Pest Control Worth The Time And Hassle In Augusta?
December 15, 2022 - Pest Control
Prices are increasing on everything, and everyone is feeling the pain. In the past, fifty dollars would buy three or four bags of groceries, and now, you are lucky to get two bags of groceries! Do-it-yourself (DIY) products appeal to the desire to save money. If you have the time and are willing to learn something new, you can conserve money by doing something yourself and save on labor costs.
While some assume anything can be fixed or accomplished using a store-bought product or home remedy, that is not always the case. There are some areas where training, expertise, and specialized tools are necessary for success, and pest control in Augusta is one of those areas. Bug Busterzzz Pest Control is your local, veteran-owned small business that provides our community with personal service.
Types Of Pests That Commonly Invade Augusta Homes
Wherever you live in the world, you will have pests, and our area is no exception. These are Augusta pest infestations common in our area:
- Ants: There are thousands of ant species worldwide, and most of the species in our area are more of a nuisance that can contaminate food.
- Bed bugs: Although once thought eradicated, these bugs have returned with a vengeance in Maine.
- Mosquitoes: These are not a problem during the winter, but they will be back next summer, ready to feed.
- Rodents: Mice and rats are rodents that invade our homes.
- Stinging insects: Bees, wasps, and hornets are not around during the winter, but they will return this spring.
- Ticks: These arachnids live in tall grass and wooded areas around homes.
Bug Busterzzz Pest Control is dependable pest control in Augusta that specializes in removing these pests from properties and homes in the area.
The Problems Pests Can Cause In Homes
Each of the types of pests mentioned above brings problems into our homes. For example, carpenter ants bore tunnels in softwood in the crawlspace, attic, door and window frames, and basement and can cause significant structural damage over time.
Other pests inflict pain and irritation on homeowners. For example, bed bugs quickly infest homes creating red, itchy bumps on residents. Bed bug bites can become infected due to heavy scratching and create discomfort. Stings from wasps, bees, and hornets hurt, and the venom can cause anaphylactic shock.
Different pests on our lists spread diseases. For instance, mosquitoes in Maine spread the West Nile virus, dengue, chikungunya, encephalitis, and tularemia. Rodents like rats and mice spread leptospirosis, rat-bite fever, tularemia, and salmonellosis. The fleas and ticks on the rodents and the ticks in Augusta yards cause some of the same diseases: bubonic plague, murine typhus, and tapeworm.
How DIY Pest Control Can Be A Waste Of Time And Money
While the promise of DIY pest control is money savings, you may be wasting money before it is over for the following reasons:
- Wrong pest: If you cannot correctly identify the pest species, the product won't be effective, and you will have wasted your money.
- Failure to fix the problem: A DIY product may deliver instant results, but if the nest and eggs remain, the problem will re-emerge soon.
- Infective barrier: Store-bought products are not professional-grade and do not create long-lasting barriers, which means repeated purchases and applications.
- Outdated chemicals: One reason bed bugs re-emerged is that they developed a resistance to once-effective insecticides. Do-it-yourself products are cheaper because they sometimes use older insecticides that are not as effective.
DIY products appeal to our desire to save money, but often store-bought pest control products cost more time and money due to the need for continual reapplication and misapplication. Secure professional home pest control in Augusta from Bug Busterzzz Pest Control to save time and money.
The Best Pest Control For Your Home
The Augusta pest control team from Bug Busterzzz Pest Control is the solution to your pest problem. We will inspect your home, identify the problematic pest species, develop a safe and effective treatment strategy, and remove the pest from your Augusta home. Call us today for a free quote and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Augusta.
We used Bug Busterzzz for a rat issue (thanks to our neighbors with pigs and cows!) They were very prompt on coming out and setting up traps. They also did some spray foam under our sink. They came back weekly to reset traps and our issue is now gone! Knock on wood! Thanks Bug Busterzzz!