Fall here in Maine is a sign of a lot of things to come. As we watch leaves fall from trees and feel the air slowly chill to the point where sweaters and long pants are a necessity, there is one thing that whispers in the back of all our minds, “Winter is coming." For rodents, winter means its time to seek shelter from the coming cold. The only question is, will your home be open for business when the snow starts to fall?
How To Prepare For Invading Winter Rodents
Luckily, since winter is only just on the horizon, you still have a little time to get your home the defenses it needs. Here are some great places to begin.
- Seal up holes, gaps, and cracks around your home. For smaller holes and cracks use wire mesh and a caulking gun.
- For larger holes and damage, more extensive repairs may be necessary.
- Make sure all of your exterior doors are equipped with door sweeps.
- Have any ripped or torn window/door screens repaired or replaced.
- Store trash inside tightly sealed garbage bins.
- Place leftover foods inside tough Tupperware-like containers.
- Keep woodpiles stored at least 20 feet away from the exterior of your home.
- Make sure your yard is clutter and debris free.
- Eliminate moisture in and around your home. Make sure nothing is leaking and contributing to a moisture problem.
If you follow all of the guidelines above, you will have the best chance of avoiding a rodent problem this wintertime. For extra protection or help with the steps above, consider seeking help from a professional pest control provider.
How Bug Busterzzz Can Help
Whether you already have a rodent infestation, or you are looking for assistance in rodent-proofing your home for winter, the professionals here at Bug Busterzzz are here to help. With a wide-reaching service area and solutions you can trust, you will be hard-pressed to find someone better for the job.
To schedule a rodent inspection for your home, or to talk to a representative about pest control options, contact us today. Our staff is standing by to find a solution for you.