Bed bugs are a type of pest, and all pests raise some concerns. Bed bugs cause concern because they are a parasite, feeding only on warm blood, human or animal. Learning more about bed bugs will help you stay informed of the unmistakable signs that bed bugs have invaded your home. For reliable pest control in Augusta, contact Bug Busterzzz for immediate intervention to get rid of bed bugs from your Maine property.
Unmistakable Signs Of Bed Bug Infestation
Bed bugs in Augusta leave multiple clues that prove their presence in your home. Being able to spot them is key to getting ahead of an infestation. Common, noticeable signs of a bed bug infestation include:
- Raised, red, itchy bumps on the skin, often in a line or pattern
- Sweet, musty odors
- Rust-colored stains on bed sheets, clothes, and other nearby fabrics
- Molted exoskeletons
- Live bed bugs in between bed sheet folds and mattresses
Bed bug bites are considered harmless; however, they can aggravate allergies and cause an allergic reaction. If you have difficulty breathing, swollen tongue, fever, blisters, or irregular heartbeat, we recommend seeking immediate medical attention if these symptoms occur.
How Do Bed Bug Infestations Spread?
Bed bugs exist all over the world. They are creatures that adapt and do what they can to survive. Survival means seeking out prime locations that are popular hosts to humans and animals. These locations include but are not limited to:
- Movie theaters
- Public transportation
Bed bugs in Augusta make their way into soft material and nestle in for the ride. After you arrive home, they seek your beds, couches, and favorite cozy chairs where many naps take place and begin feeding and breeding.
How Do Bed Bugs Find Their Way Into Homes?
Bed bugs don’t invade the way other pests typically do. Rather than chewing their way in, bed bugs are carried in. There are many scenarios in which bed bugs are brought into your Augusta home, the most common ways bed bugs are:
- People: People are the most common spread of bed bugs. Bed bugs move very slowly, so they latch onto clothing and transfer themselves to the next location. One person could easily infect multiple places in a day, including their own home, without realizing it.
- Luggage: Folded clothes inside overnight bags are a common way bed bugs spread for travelers and vacationers alike. Since hotels are a common location to pick up bed bugs, a seasoned traveler infects other hotels as they stay in multiple places.
- Bedding: Bed bugs prefer to feed at night when they use a numbing agent and an anticoagulant to you that prevents you from feeling the bite as they feed freely. A fun fact about bed bugs is that they can consume 200% of their body weight.
- Furniture: Furniture is the second most common spread of bed bugs. Bed bugs can survive periods of time without food or water. Even furniture that hasn’t been used in over a year can still contain active bed bugs that only need food to maintain the cycle of eating and breeding.
Bed bug control is extremely difficult to navigate on your own. With so many potential sources of bed bugs, you can’t be affected by the possibility of never inviting anyone to your home out of fear of bed bugs taking over. That’s why we recommend seeking the help of the number one pest control company in Augusta, Maine.
Bed Bug Control Made Easy For Augusta Homeowners
Clear out bed bugs from your home for good with the help of Bug Busterzzz Pest Control. Located out of China, Maine, Bug Busterzzz is locally owned and veteran-operated to provide Maine’s surrounding areas with trusted and reliable pest control. Bed bug control is just one of many services and treatments we provide for residential and commercial property owners, and our results speak for themselves when we say we can solve all your pest control needs! Contact us today to get started and to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control services in Augusta.