Each season in Augusta brings a new pest to worry about. These fall invaders range from lady bugs to conifer seed bugs to baby box elder bugs on your property. Fortunately, you don’t have to combat these fall invaders alone.
Here’s what Augusta residents should know about box elder bugs, lady bugs, and conifer seed bugs, how to get rid of these fall invaders, and how pest control in Augusta can help.
Facts About Box Elder Bugs In Augusta
Do box elder bugs bite? Do box elder bugs fly?Here are some must-know facts about these critters:
- Box elder bugs may not care about your favorite foods, but they will devour certain trees in your yard. Elder bugs like elder, ash, and maple trees. They can damage existing trees and suck the juice out of developing seeds as well.
- Box elder bugs will swarm together. During the cool nights of Autumn, elder bugs will swarm together into the thousands and accumulate near the bottom of homes and buildings.
- Box elder bugs are resistant to most pesticides. Just like cockroaches, box elder bugs are tough enough to withstand most store-bought pesticides.
Luckily, box elder bugs are not considered dangerous to humans. However, they can be a major nuisance, and their tendency to congregate around appliances like heaters and A/C units can cause some disruption to these areas of your home.
Given their resistance to OTC pesticides, dealing with box elder bugs often requires the intervention of the professionals.
Are Lady Bugs Dangerous To Have Around My Property?
Are lady bugs good or are they dangerous to have around your home? While lady bugs may not be medically dangerous to people or pets, that doesn’t mean they’re a welcome presence. Lady bugscan be a nuisance to have around your home or garden, and they can be tricky to get rid of without professional help.
How To Get Rid Of Conifer Seed Bugs
While sometimes mistaken for the stink bug, conifer seed bugs can be a big nuisance – but they also have the potential to bite people too. They can be a troublesome pest to deal with in your home or yard but here are some quick tips for getting rid of them:
- Don’t leave doors and windows open, especially around dusk since this is when conifer seed bugs tend to be more active.
- Make sure you seal up any cracks or crevices around your home that seed bugs may be able to crawl through to get inside.
- Look out for damaged areas on your roof that conifer seed bugs may use to get inside your home.
- Keep your yard free of debris that seed bugs may use to hide in, like mulch, leaf piles, or playground equipment.
If you do find these bugs inside your home, you should be careful about killing them. They can secrete an awful odor when they die, so it’s usually a good idea to move them outside the home. If you’ve got an infestation on your hands, the best thing you can do is contact the pros.
Professional Help With Fall Invaders From Bug Busterzzz Pest Control
If you’re in need of a box elder bug, conifer seed bug, or lady bug exterminator, you shouldn’t wait to contact the pros at Bug Busterzzz Pest Control. Our seasoned professionals can get rid of any fall invader that’s taken over your Augusta home or property.
When it comes to fall invaders, there’s no one better than Bug Busterzzz to eliminate Maine’s toughest bugs no matter what time of year. If you think you might have a fall invader infestation on your hands, there’s only one thing to do – contact us at Bug Busterzzz Pest Control today to learn more about our home pest controlor to schedule an inspection.